Beamish Construction Inc. began as K. J. Beamish Construction Co., Limited which was a family business that was founded in February of 1946. Mr. Kingston John Beamish – who formerly worked in the accounting department of “Jupp Construction”, opened for business on Dufferin St. just north of Eglinton Avenue. One of the first contracts awarded to Mr. Beamish was a winter maintenance job with the City of Toronto. At that time salt was spread by hand from the back of a single-axle dump truck. The driver and shoveler switched roles every few miles to maintain production. In the summer months, the work was road oiling. The Company moved the head office to a few different locations after Dufferin St., including Bayview Avenue North, John St., and most recently in King City which was the former location of the King City Airport on the east side of highway 400 & King-Vaughan Town Line.
The Company had grown from humble beginnings to a construction operation which was supported by a fleet of road building equipment, asphalt plants, concrete plants, and thousands of acres of plant sites, gravel pits, quarries and properties. In 2017, the Northern Ontario division of the Company was purchased and now continues the legacy under Beamish Construction Inc. and operates throughout Northern Ontario with office locations in Sudbury, Hanmer, Elliot Lake, and Sault Ste. Marie.
The value of geographic diversification is highlighted in the Elliot Lake area. For more than four decades the company’s Elliot Lake division has adapted to a changing work environment. This location has an asphalt plant, a concrete plant, 8 gravel pits and 1 hard rock quarry.
Success in the future will result from our belief that nothing is more important than QUALITY in all that we do and by remembering that “all employees are committed to building a solid reputation based on exceptional customer service and satisfaction.”